Acne is one of the world’s most common skin complaints. It affects roughly 40 to 50 million Americans
- Acne is a skin condition that consists of pimples, deeper lumps (cysts or nodules), and plugged pores (blackheads and whiteheads), that occur on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders, and even the upper arms.
- Acne usually begins in puberty, but the condition is not restricted to any age group. Adults in their 20s, 30s, 40s — even into their 50s — can develop acne.
- Acne is caused by three major factors:
- Overproduction of oil by enlarged oil glands in the skin.
- Blockage of the hair follicles that release oil.
- Growth of bacteria, called P. acnes, within the hair follicles.
- Scientific research has led to many new acne therapies and changes in existing treatment options.
What are laser treatment options?
Omnilux is a light based system that kills the bacteria associated with bacteria. The use of alternating red and blue lights helps to kill bacteria and help heal the skin. A series of 8 treatments are utilized to treat acne.
Cool Touch for Acne and Acne Scar treatment
What is Cool Touch?
Cool touch therapy work on reducing the size of the sebaceous glands, thus decreasing their ability to produce oil clogging acne. The laser is able to penetrate deep into the skin to stimulate collagen and reduce the acne scars that can be associated with acne.
How many treatments?
Treatments are painless and effects can be seen within 24 hours of treatment. There is no downtime associated with the treatment. A series of 3-6 treatments 4-6 weeks apart are recommended to obtain optimal results.
Treatments range from $15-$150